Nazi and Stasi Germany Tour
Explore the chilling legacy of Germany’s Third Reich and Cold War era during our nine day tour and study the rise and fall of the Nazi and the communist regimes and try to understand the legacy of both wars which left severe scars on Germany still visible today. We visit the two most iconic Nazi movement cities: Munich the birthplace of Nazism and Nuremberg, the heart of Nazi propaganda; and Berlin, Hitler’s "Germania", the epicenter of the Cold War and “… the greatest cultural extravaganza that one could imagine”On our sightseeing tours we will explore the plain and grey Nazi architecture with the Nazi symbols still in place, the interesting socialist realistic buildings in Berlin, iconic hard core sites as the megalomaniac Nazi Party Rally Grounds, the Nuremberg Process Courtroom, a Stasi prison, memorials including the biggest Soviet memorial outside of Russia, and we hit the unbeaten paths with Hitler's bunker in Berlin, the very school building where the unconditional surrender was signed and the House of the Wannsee Conference. Besides these three must see German cities we will take in the magnificent Alpine views from Hitler’s Eagle’s Nest and honor the victims of the Holocaust at the Concentration Camp Memorial in Dachau. Please note that in case of bad weather, we visit Salzburg instead of the Eagles Nest.
Single Supplement: $399
2022 Departures: November 19 - 27
What is included in the price?
• 8 nights’ accommodations at 3-star hotels and 8 breakfasts
• Airport transfers on first and last day of tour
• Transportation throughout the tour
• Tour guide during the day
• All departures are guaranteed
3 nights in Munich • Pick-up at Munich International airport, flights must arrive by 10 a.m. OR meeting at the hotel in Munich • Third Reich walking tour and minivan sightseeing tour of Munich • Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial • Eagle’s Nest or Salzburg (in case of bad weather)
• 2 nights in Nuremberg • Nazi Party Rally Grounds • Site of the Nuremberg Trials • Walking Tour of Nuremberg
• 3 nights in Berlin • Brandenburg Gate • Checkpoint Charlie • Berlin Wall • Treptower Park, the largest Soviet memorial outside of Russia • Stasi Prison • Infamous Third Reich Walking Tour including Hitler"s bunker where he committed suicide with Eva • Original Nazi architecture (associated with Göring, Goebbels, Hitler, Himmler)
• Memorials to Holocaust victims • House of the Wannsee Conference where the Final Solution was finalized • 1936 Olympic Stadium • German-Russian Museum where Keitel signed the unconditional surrender • Reichstag • Stauffenberg HQ where the 1944 plot against Hitler was planned • All other major tourist attractions
• Drop-off at Berlin’s Tegel Airport, flights can depart at any time
Can I upgrade?
Absolutely! If you upgrade your tour, it will include the following: all the programs listed above with all the entrance fees to attractions. Accommodation in a 4-star hotel. Light lunch (to save time) and dinner. The price of the upgrade for this tour is: $ 990. Please note that you might be traveling with those who decide not to upgrade.